Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Catch A Fish!!











The bird flying is NOT real. It is a paper bird, but it was pretty cool!!
The boys enjoyed eating kettle corn Grammy bought using their shirts as bowls.



The boys pose with a dog named "Chewbacca." Very appropriate, don't you think?



I know I just barely posted, but I couldn't wait to share our fun this past Saturday with Grammy and Grampa. Daddy had to work all day unexpectedly, so the boys and my parents went to the Tres Rios Nature Festival at the Estrella Mountain Regional Park.






The weather was sooooo perfect, and it was great of my parents to come along and join us. I couldn't have taken the boys without their help. We parked and Gentry and Seph cruised in the double stroller with Grammy while I took the older boys fishing.

I informed the people assisting children with fishing that I'd need their help. Some parents were right there putting wiggly icky worms onto hooks. I could barely hold the cup full of them while the lady helped the boys get their worms on their hooks. I told her that God MUST have a sense of humor to send me 4 boys when I am so into girly stuff. I don't like bugs or insects of any kind. (Okay, butterflies & lady bugs.)



So the boys are hardly fishing when Josiah catches not one, but two fish one right after the other! The second one he caught was a wild one, though. Josiah couldn't seem to control the pole, and the fish came flying at right at me!! I screamed and jumped around like a fool--this made everyone around laugh out loud. Glad I could be the fishing clown. Dayton caught a fish just when he was getting discouraged that he wouldn't. Nice job, my boys!


Then there's the story of the trains. There was no sign posting a fee to ride, so the boys are all eagerly hopping inside ready to ride. Then I see the "conductor" collecting money stepping from child to child riding in each cart waiting for the parent to pay. I asked how much and he told me $4 per kid! I think my eyes popped out. Oh well, it was too much money!


By that point, I had only enough cash for 2 of them to ride, but how could I select one to get out? I remembered a little cash I had reserved in my wallet, and painfully handed over the $12 for the boys to ride. They were so happy on that ride, but I did tell the conductor that he ought to post the fee. It was a form of deception, and I tried to inform a few others, but it was sad to see the parents struggle to pull their kids from the train cart. Hmph!!


All in all, we enjoyed our day. And I just hope Daddy can come next year. We missed him.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can't believe I missed this post!! I was laughing so hard!!! I love hearing about all your "squirmy" adventures!!!

Sounds like the boys had lots of fun!! And I bet the boys were the loudest ones contributing to the laughing when the fish came flying right at you, huh??

That was really nice of your parents to go with you that day.