Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hikes, Eggs, & Our New Leather Couch!!!













I basically summed it all up in the title of this post. Over this past weekend, we purchased a nice leather couch for just $100 from Craigslist. Benj and I went out to eat and had a nice time--I even ate vanilla pudding!
When we got to the house to get the couch, the couple were wanting cash. I told them we only had a checkbook. They weren't sold until I told them straightup that we were Mormon. I told them we don't cheat, lie, steal, or drink. The guy asked who our prophet was, and I told him. We paid with a check. (That's a technique I've used often that works well if you ever need it!)
Then we took the kids to an Easter Hunt on Saturday, and they had a great time! It was fun to watch them find eggs and gripe about not liking all the candy they got. They are picky about their choice of candy. I don't blame them!
Last but not least, we finished our Saturday with a nice hike in the White Tanks. We hiked the Waterfall trail, and absolutely loved the weather. The moisture in the air from all the rain was the best Easter treat of all! I just wish it would rain more often--but then I guess that's how it goes when I'm living in Arizona, eh?


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice Couch!!! Let's just hope that your boys don't thrash it too quickly!! Sounds like you all had a great time, we missed you Saturday for our Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma's and Grandpa's house. It was fun, and I'm glad the weather was pleasant.

Sher said...

lol! that's hilarious! that's impressive the guy knew who our prophet is! I never imagined you liking a leather couch, but I bet it is a fun change! & what a deal! You look so perrrty in the last pic! xo!