Monday, April 6, 2009

A Birthday & A Bike Ride Later







Gentry is now officially 2 years old! We ate out as a family, and then took the boys to Peter Piper (every parent's favorite place)!! The boys had a great time.
Afterwards, we sliced up fresh grapefruit, and Gentry got to blow out his birthday candles after we sang to him.
He got some nice gifts, and honestly seemed to be more interested in the tissue paper than anything else. Maybe mommy got the wrong gifts, he he. :)
Then just a few Sundays ago, Josiah learned to ride his bike! He had made attempts to learn this earlier, but was easily discouraged. Mommy told him that his attitude has a lot to do with his success. When his next door neighbor learned how, who is a month YOUNGER than him, he seemed revived with a new ambition--and learned to ride his bike almost instantly.
I guess it's true that attitude can go a long way--now I just need to work on mine now that I've got a very very mobile son who wants to pedal all around the world if I'd let him!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So that bike ride -- is that without training wheels???

Your boys all look cute and we are excited for Ethan's birthday this Friday!!! I can hardly believe they are both two !!!

Shantil said...

Yes!! Josiah got this bike with training wheels when he turned five. Now, a year later, he is riding without his training wheels. I'm a proud mommy!