


I guess I got what I asked for: 3 kids with a birthday one month after the other. Josiah's 6th birthday party was in February, Dayton's in March, and then Gentry's will be the 2nd of April! Whew! Happy Birthday to the checkbook, if you know what I mean!
Anyway, for Josiah's party, we did kind of an explore-themed party. I made sling shots out of tree branches and rubber bands, and binoculars out of toilet paper rolls (thanks, Tisha, for helping me save up on those)!
My cake was a chocolate organic type of dessert, and as far as I know, the kids enjoyed it.
For Dayton's party, it was a repeat of Josiah's birthday last year: Ninja Turtles. Dayton used to love Raphael, and now, just because of Josiah's preference, also like Donatello, the purple one.
My older sister, Rochelle, kindly volunteered to help with the pinata. And in just one day made the most incredible pinata I've ever seen! Obviously from the pictures, you can see she's got some serious skills! Thanks, my talented sister!
And luckily now, for Gentry's 2nd birthday (ie: golden birthday?) we will keep things low-key. I suppose it will be next year to deal with three boys who want a party with friends and all that accompanies it.

2 comments:
Well, to save yourself the stress of doing it every year, you can always set the rule to when you turn an even or odd age then you can chose to have one, otherwise it's just low key and a big stress relief for you. Wish that Thomas could have been able to be there. Looks like you had lots of fun!!
Happy Birthday Dayton ( even though I know it was almost a week ago)
And I can hardly believe that our babies will be 2 in less than two weeks now. CRAZY!!!
I love the update! your boys are so cute and getting so big!! I hear ya on the checkbook though.... we are coming up on all our b-days. 4 birthdays and our anniversary all within a month and a half span!! so fun! thank heavens for our tax refund!
Post a Comment