Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Morning at the Museum
















Here is Dayton (below) dreaming of owning his very own gun. A picture taken at our local museum this last Saturday. Daddy was working, but the rest of us had a good time. Dayton just kept asking, shouting really, "Mommy, can I bring that gun?"





The boys munched cookies they had sitting out, and Josiah kept asking about the "goodie bags" I had read in the paper about them providing for the children. Turns out those goodie bags weren't so good to the boys: NO CANDY!!!!!

(They weren't just good to mommy--they were great now! :)

I think all the boys enjoyed the things I was the least interested in: the guns, the horse saddles, the army stuff, and the model trains. I thought it was all cool some, but I really liked the butter churn, strange toaster, record player, and old tin lunch box. Perhaps this is because these are the things that I would have used--and the same could probably be said of the boys regarding what they liked most.
Old stuff is so interesting because it is strange to think how one day all the common gadgets and items now used will one day be in a museum for another generation to marvel. People keep changing and evolving--even languages do. But honestly, I figure it's a blessing either way to be around now while I am because I wouldn't have survived giving birth to my eldest otherwise, and I would have had serious arm issues washing as many clothes as I do on an old washboard. Glad to be alive now!

1 comment:

Mahers said...

my boys have been begging to go to the musuem. It looks really cool and I'm sure now that we'll go sooner than later! thanks for posting about it!