Monday, May 25, 2009

Who Says You Can't Camp in Your Backyard?


Our original intentions were to drive up to Sedona, but Papa Bear and I were pretty beat and not up for all the packing required for such a trip. So we decided to enjoy our lovely backyard. And really, the boys didn't care because they just wanted to sleep in the tent and have a fire.
So as you can see by the photograph above, their Daddy is one talented Eagle Scout! It was at my suggestion that we try to accomplish such a feat as creating a place for a fire without a fire pit. But come the morning after camping, I awoke to see the awesome creation of a fire on flagstone! We even saved our money--not spending it on a fire pit and all! And it was pretty neat, I must say.
Josiah excitedly brought out all the snacks we had purchased at the store for our "campout," and we just stuffed them in Gentry's little wagon. I thought of calling it the 'Snack Wag.' But Daddy thought of 'Snackin' Wagon.' I liked that better. So we just ate organic oreo cookies, trail mix, biscuits, and grapes. We had a blast! And that's what it's all about!

1 comment:

Mahers said...

how fun? so my question is did YOU sleep in the tent or your bed. I personally would have chosen my bed and let the boys have the tent.