
You Were There
From the day I was born,
You were there,
Always in your arms to gaze upon
Your smile so fair.
On the day I learned to walk,
You were there,
Still that loving smile to show me
That you really cared.
You were there,
Still that loving smile to show me
That you really cared.
I used to think that "mom" and "mother"
Both meant the same thing,
But a mom is someone we’ve all got,
It’s all one in the same.
Both meant the same thing,
But a mom is someone we’ve all got,
It’s all one in the same.
A mother really makes the choice to give
Up her own needs,
Now that I’m grown I know what I will be—
Because you were a mother to me.
Up her own needs,
Now that I’m grown I know what I will be—
Because you were a mother to me.
From the moment I was sick,
You were there,
A bowl of soup, a stack
Of
Books,
And a patient listening ear.
On the day my field trip came,
You were there,
A lunch sack in each hand—I still
Remember what a thrill you were to share!
You were there,
A bowl of soup, a stack
Of
Books,
And a patient listening ear.
On the day my field trip came,
You were there,
A lunch sack in each hand—I still
Remember what a thrill you were to share!
I used to think that "mom" and "mother"
Both meant the same thing,
But a mom is someone we’ve all got,
It’s all one in the same.
Both meant the same thing,
But a mom is someone we’ve all got,
It’s all one in the same.
A mother really makes the choice to give
Up her own needs,
Now that I’m grown I know what I will be—
Because you were a mother to me.
Up her own needs,
Now that I’m grown I know what I will be—
Because you were a mother to me.
From the moment I feel l o n e l y,
You are there,
Like a wilted flower in
Sudden Bloom!!
Your presence changes the air . . .
You are there,
Like a wilted flower in
Sudden Bloom!!
Your presence changes the air . . .
One day I hope my children will
Say to me:
"I know you love me-- because
You were a mother to me."
by Shantil Randolph
Say to me:
"I know you love me-- because
You were a mother to me."
by Shantil Randolph
for my Mother
1 comment:
That's so good Shantil. I take it you wrote it as a song, not just a poem right? You are amazingly talented girl! Hope you had a lovely mother's day!
Post a Comment