
So we attended my Christmas Party for Verrado Village where I work. It was at a resort in Scottsdale. We dressed up--Benjamin wore his tuxedo, and looked fabulous, I must say. I wore a bridesmaid dress from my sister's wedding reception. It fit me! Hooray!
When we were checking in, the woman helping us asked if we were under 21? She had lists for employees according to age as to determine drinking eligibility, I guess. Benj and I exchanged smiles, and then took our "non-alcoholic" beverage tickets to get drinks.
The juices were awful! You couldn't tell the grapefruit from the orange juice, they both tasted so bad. I finally settled with a cranberry juice on ice, but it was sweetened, and I love the taste raw and tart! We saw the biggest gingerbread house with stained-glass windows and white lights woven through ribbons of frosting to create a snowy landscape around the house. It was quite the sight!
The dinner was pretty good, but mostly it was just enjoyable to enjoy the night with Benjamin. The whole experience was kind of like "Senior Ball" except I'm obviously now married and have three kids. The drinking and scanty dresses I could have done without, but all in all, it was fun! And as for my 'date,' he was my hottest date ever and always . . .
3 comments:
You two look HOT together. But I just wished that Ben, looked like he was more thrilled to be with such a beautiful lady. It sounds like you two had a GREAT time. So who took the picture, because I Really LIke it.
how fun!!! you both look soo great!
how neat for you to have such an event! I'm jealous, I want to dress up! grrr...
The picture was taken compliments of Benjamin. He has a rare ability of taking picture with his arm extended, and nobody even can tell. (Until now, I guess.)
Post a Comment