Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Glorified Charlie Brown Tree






So, we had our 'typical' artificial tree up this year. But when Gentry brought it down upon himself, cracking the stand, Mommy had to get creative. You see, it was a night where Mommy was expecting guests, and so there had to be a tree lighting up the room in its wondrous splendor!




Mommy told the boys to hop into the car because we were going to get ourselves a new Christmas tree. The boys were more than a little excited. We drove and then parked near a walking path, and Mommy told the boys to keep their eyes open for a good branch to decorate.




Soon it was before our eyes: a tall proud branch of a creosote bush. The easy crunch beneath Mommy's foot made it simple to attain. And soon Mommy and the boys were all holding onto the "tree" to bring it home. Here it is decorated in all it's Charlie Brown simplicity. And you know what? Many have given the "tree" great reviews for its authenticity. Merry Christmas!






3 comments:

Wendy said...

I would have to say that is pretty creative. I would be all distraught and upset.

I love the picture with Gentry. He looks so "angelic" like "what did I do?"

Kelly and Megan said...

Oh, too funny! How resourceful of you!

Sher said...

i luv the charlie brown tree...so sweet. Your boys are sooooooo freakin' cute! Gentry is huge! what the heck? I barely recognized him!