
Well, the picture above is a snapshot of my lovely table the night before Easter Sunday. Unfortunately, mommy never got to see the boys run to the table and discover their goodies and smiles. All that remained of this Easter for mommy's eyes to see were the baskets, toys, and infamous easter grass strewn all over the living room floor!
Apparently mommy shouldn't have slept in till 7:30 . . . or maybe Daddy shouldn't have let mommy sleep in. Either way, the morning slipped by with bunnies riding motorcycles, and frogs whistling funny songs that made Gentry smile and reveal his adorable dimples.
I may have missed what I'd hoped to see--but Easter was still an enjoyable day. Remember the story about the class who is assigned Easter eggs to stuff with something representing Spring? One of the eggs is empty, and the teacher asks the little boy why, to which he so accurately states: "The tomb was empty." Indeed, I hope my boys remember that story amid the treats and sweets in easter baskets.
1 comment:
That is a really great "kid" story...one that will be a great family story to always remember!
Post a Comment