For family home evening last night we decided to make it an extra fun night! As the weather has been finally cooling down lately, we thought it would be fun to rollerblade while pushing our kids in tow. Josiah and Dayton rode in our bike trailer stroller, and Gentry in our good ol' blue jogger. Benj and I bladed up the rode and went to our new Sundance Town Center, where we found our favorite place to eat: Chipotle. The boys just wanted french fries, so we bought them some at Wendy's, then bladed home in the cool night air.
As far as I'm concerned, walking and rollerblading are much more enjoyable than the traditional 'hop-in-the-car' method of transportation. Besides the great health benefits, it is so nice to just slow down a bit and take time to watch the trees sway in the wind, and attempt to step over a funny bug on your path. It was a great family night indeed!
2 comments:
Sounds like a perfect family outing. Cool you got your own blog now. I am the first to comment too. He! he!f when my internet is up I'll check it out a lot more too. Look forward to more posts.
I wish I knew how to rollerblade!! But I love hopping the boy (ETHAN) into the stroller and Thomas on his scooter and walk around our neighborhood. It is quite refreshing isn't it.
Post a Comment