Sunday, August 24, 2008

Let The School Days Begin . . .

Here is Josiah on his first day of school. He attends Sundance Elementary, and insisted he have a ninja turtle lunch box, and Star Wars backpack. So, like any mother striving to be perfect, I just "e-bayed" and won the bids for the precious items to ensure the happiness of my Josiah.

He is learning to write his name and making new friends. I have discovered that 5 years isn't all that much to program a child in the mindset they will begin their own life--when you aren't always with them. I hope to make the most of Dayton and Gentry's years at home before they embark on such a journey.

Dayton absolutely loves his pre-school workbook! He is interested in writing letters, and loves the recent one-on-one attention he receives now that Josiah is in school. We read books together, play Candy Land, and he loves to help cook.

Gentry is busy pushing chairs around the kitchen, and snuggling with his favorite blanket Grammy made for him when he was born. He helps put his messy diapers in the diaper pail, and loves to help mommy unload the dishwasher. I can see already that we will have a great relationship . . . (No favorites, of course!:)

4 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Happy "Back to School" time! :)

Crystal said...

did you cry? you can admit it! i cry every year when the kids go to school. and then by day 2 or 3, i'm fine! enjoy your new found time with the other 2!

Kelly and Megan said...

He looks so excited! I bet he loves school!

Sher said...

I can't believe Josiah is 5! your boys are soo adorable, i love'm! i'm glad you can spend some more time bonding with your other children too!