

So now you see it: Roses amidst a sea of dull gray rocks. I have wanted to plant a rose bush for such a long time, and finally decided to end my doubts of a rose bush actually thriving in my care. But then I remembered the drip system. I don't have to water at all! My drip waters the bush every morning daily for about twenty minutes. Now I can have fresh roses at the dinner table and a vase of pink joy in the bathroom to smell when I wash my hands.
And as for the garlic, well Papa Bear, as we call him, decided to grow his own garlic. The boys loved watering the garlic and watching them grow. We let Dayton and Josiah help pry out each garlic bulb with a spade. They just loved it! Then for dinner I made garlic bread using our own fresh garlic--it was a real treat!
We have purchased seed packets for pumpkins, a few varieties of lettuce, and other vegetables which we will plant in October. Here, the time to plant is when it gets "cooler," (if one can even call it that!) and they will not be subjected to the extreme summer heat. We look forward to planting a garden, and hope that it will be an enjoyable family experience!
2 comments:
Those roses are beautiful!! And Ben wanted to plant his own garlic?? WOW!! We've gotten tomatoes and cucumbers, cauliflower, watermelon and cantaloupe planted so far. We want to add more, but the ground for the rest of the stuff isn't ready yet.
that is so neat! i've been wanting to plant stuff forever. maybe i'll do it this fall too. i've been meaning to put more flowers in front and back. your family is adorable i like the quotes you have under each boy to describe them. so perfect & hilarious. i luv u sis.
Post a Comment